Due to the high risk of the Delta variant in the Pioneer Valley, the Academy of Music Theatre has updated its COVID-19 requirements in order to attend a show this fall.
Please check this page prior to your visit for the latest information. We will continue to communicate the details regarding our protocols as we get closer to the theatre’s reopening. The health and safety of our subscribers, ticket holders, students, staff, volunteers, artists and community is our top priority.
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO SAFELY ENJOY YOUR VISIT
- Everyone who attends an event at the Academy of Music Theatre must show proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 or a negative PCR test taken within the past 72 hours and a valid ID.
- Children under the age of 12, who can’t be vaccinated yet, may attend, but they must wear a mask at all times and show a negative PCR test taken within the past 72 hours.
- All attendees will be required to wear face coverings while in the building except when eating or drinking, regardless of vaccination status.
- “Full vaccination” means being at least two weeks past the second shot of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, or two weeks past the single shot of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
- “Proof of vaccination” consists of a CDC vaccination card or a clear, legible copy or photo of a card.
- Plan to arrive a few minutes early to ensure a smooth and orderly flow through into the theater.
- Have your proof of vaccine or negative PCR test and a valid ID ready to show when you enter.
- Bring a mask and a backup, just in case. Patrons who lose or forget their masks will be able to purchase one at the theater for a small fee.
- We encourage anyone who has yet to be vaccinated to get their shots as soon as possible. More information on COVID-19 and vaccinations can be found at www.mass.gov/covid-19-vaccine
If, in the last two weeks, you have experienced any symptoms of COVID-19, come into contact with anyone known to be COVID-19 positive, or been asked to quarantine by the state, your employer, or your school, you are instructed not to attend a show. If any of these apply to you and you have already purchased a ticket, please email Box Office and Marketing Manager, Noel Clark, at nclark(at)aomtheatre(dot)com or call us at (413) 584-9032 ext 105.
WHAT WE ARE DOING FOR YOUR SAFETY
CLEANING AND SANITIZING:
- All public-facing staff, stage hands, and volunteers of The Academy of Music Theatre are fully vaccinated.
- We have completed a full cleaning and installed CDC-recommended MERV-13 filters.
- Strict cleaning protocols have been implemented, focused on high-touch surfaces in particular like bathroom fixtures and door handles.
- Digital ticketing and ticket scanning have been implemented for all performances.
- Use your phone for scanning your ticket, make sure you turn the brightness up!
- You can also print your ticket at home and use that to check in.
- Concessions sales procedures have been revised to reduce or eliminate physical contact.
REFUNDS AND CANCELLATIONS:
- Current ticket holders who lack proof of vaccination or a negative PCR test will receive refunds upon request.
- All ticket holders will be notified in the case that a show or event is cancelled due to COVID-19.
- COVID-19 refunds by request.
- If you are unvaccinated, feeling unwell, experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, or have been in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, please do not come to the theater. Contact the box office at 413-584-9032 ext 105 for information.
These measures aim to ensure the safety of everyone – our patrons, artists, staff, and community. This policy will remain in effect until further notice.
For information on the current requirements by the city of Northampton, please visit https://www.northamptonma.gov/2104/Covid-19-Information.